Sunday, October 3, 2010

Universal Music for all....

Universal music

We had our first day of class with Dr. Jaya on Tuesday at 3-4pm. In this class, he asked us to listen to two songs which are quite meaningful to him. The first song we heard is from a singer call by the name of Sain Zahoor Ahmed. The singer is a leading Sufi musician from Pakistan. He emerged as the ‘Best BBC voice of the year 2006’. Sain Zahoor known for his ‘magical’ voice which was known to put his listener to trance. The song lasted for about 8 minutes. I am not really understood the meaning of the song, but it is so pleasant to hear the music. It made us felt calm and peaceful. The second song was Alejandro by Lady Gaga. We didn’t see the video clip but just listened to the song. I liked the music of this song but I do not think it is suitable for the students because the message of the song is not appropriate for the younger generation. The music video received from mixed to positive reviews, with critics complimenting its idea and dark nature. Out of the two songs I preferred to play the first song for my students because it talks about the greatness of God. Spiritual song is good to bring calmness for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment