Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mona Lisa’s Smile.


I feel lucky enough to have the chance to watch a great movie in our new semester and thanks to our lecturer and tutors for giving this opportunity. Aspiring storyline is the first thing that comes to my mind when I watch this movie. I never expect that this movie is about an inspiring educator trying to make changes in her student point of view about art and also about life. I thought that this story is only about the life of a school teacher handling a normal classroom. Never come to my mind that the classroom is full of intelligent female students who have the capability of becoming the future leader. The students are very good in their knowledge about art but they do lack of something about their real life. Most of them think that marriage is the next option they take after graduating. This situation happens due to the influence of the society during that era. Thanks to the new art history teacher who really open a new chapter of life for some of the students. I like the fact that women can and should be able to do whatever they want. They do not have to be housewives. They are perfectly capable of being lawyers, teachers, or whatever the heck they want to be. They are smart women, limited by the era in which they grew up. In my point of view, it is good for us as a future teacher to lead our students to find their own field of interest. It is no point if we just give the knowledge without knowing or putting ourselves in their shoes. They need our support and attention. We as a teacher must build their self confidence so that they can feel secure in whatever things they do in life. This movie does inspire me to create some changes in managing and educating my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment